Thank you, NHS
We are grateful for all our NHS Heroes who have been working tirelessly.
We are pleased to announce our WINNERS* as selected by our Friends of Barbados. They will receive a 7 night holiday for two to Barbados!
*All winners are subject to the promoters standard and special T&C’s"
Friends of Barbados
Karen Blackett, OBE
David Harewood, MBE
His Excellency, High Commissioner for Barbados to the United Kingdom
Ocean Hotels - Headline Partner
Our Hotel Partners
Our Attraction Partners
Who is eligible to participate in the competition?
How do I enter my NHS Hero into the competition?
- Nominate your NHS Hero by sharing an image or video post to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter outlining who your NHS Hero is and how they have gone above and beyond their call of duty. Posts on Facebook must be posted directly to the timeline of the Barbados Cares NHS Facebook page and not your personal Facebook page.
- Image posts should use a caption to nominate your NHS Hero and their story (within the character limit set by the chosen social media platform) and video posts should include a recorded message of your NHS Hero nomination and their story.
- Image and Video posts must include a ‘hand heart gesture’ within the image or video, whereby you take both hands and create a heart shape. Alternatively, the Barbados Cares logo can be used as the post image by downloading here or by taking a screenshot from the official pages.
- Include #BarbadosCares in your post caption.
- Visit the Barbados Cares website (www.BarbadosCares.com) and complete the competition entry form after sharing your post on social media. To fill in the entry form:
- Add the link to your social post. Please find details of how to copy the link to your social posts here.
- Fill in your details
- Fill in the name of your NHS hero
- Submit your entry
How do I find the link to my social media post?
You can only get a link to posts that have been shared publicly. If your account is set to private, you may not be able to copy the link to your post and your entry may be void.
Once you’ve copied the link to your post using the steps below, paste the link into the ‘Link to your Facebook, Instagram or Twitter post (Account must be public)’ field on the entry form.Facebook:
On the Facebook website:
- Navigate to your post and click the date and time stamp directly below your name. An example of the date and time stamp may be “Just now” or “Yesterday at 12:30”. This will open the post on its own page
- Copy the link at the top of your browser in the address bar
- Navigate to your post and click either the three dots in the top-right corner of the post or the Share button underneath the post.
- Depending on the version of the Facebook app you are using, Copy Link will either appear right away or you may need to click More Options, then Copy.
On the Instagram mobile app:
- Tap (iOS)or (Android) above your post.
- Tap Copy Link.
- Sign in on Instagram.com and click your profile picture in the top right.
- Click your selected post and copy the link at the top of your browser.
On the Twitter mobile app:
- Navigate to your Tweet
- Tap the share icon (iOS) or (Android)
- iOS only, skip this step if you have an Android - Tap Share Tweet via.
- Select Copy link to Tweet. The URL should now be copied to your clipboard.
- Sign in on Twitter.com and navigate to your Tweet
- Click the icon located within the Tweet
- From the pop-up menu,select Copy link to Tweet. The URL should now be copied to your clipboard.
I want to enter more than one member of the NHS to win.
How and when will the winners be decided?
I have a different question.
Please read our full Standard Terms & Conditions and Specific Terms & Conditions of the Promotion as your query may be answered there. If it is not, feel free to message us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using the details below. We’ll do our best to respond to your query as soon as possible!Facebook